What do you like best?
Simple, loaded with feature & Configurable
- TimeDoctor is very simple to use, just signup and start using it
- It has reminders (which can be selected) to remind if you might have forgotten to switch off the timer
- Desktop clients are much smarter in terms of tracking
- Projects, permanents tasks can be configured and also specified to users i.e. data partitioning use wise
- Daily reports are splendid, even if have setup the payroll module even better
- You can directly share the progress with clients or managers by creating a login for them
- Taking screenshot, showing activity status help keep track of employee performance
- Beautiful reports, start analyzing your cost for tasks, project, users etc.
- Flexibility in adding manual time with separate reporting
- API if required to pull data from the platform
- Perfect product for freelancers
What do you dislike?
More device support, more flexibility is possible
- Would love to start tracking time using the Apple Watch or even ask Alexa to start tracking time and set reminder to close
- Flexibilty in editing time while reporting to client (sometime this is is required) with some access control
- Reporting can improve by introducing some advanced report likes calculating ROI of each user, User 1 vs User 2 performance etc.
- Might be expensive for some users/freelancers
Recommendations to others considering the product:
Go for the product if you want time tracking, I have used at least 3 of its competitors (both free and paid), but I always come back to use time doctor due to its ease of use and feature loaded package.
What problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?
- Tracking time for evaluate effectiveness -> Time tracking per task/project
- Generate payroll for other users working on project -> Payroll module
- Evaluate performance of different freelancers working on similar tasks -> Use the activity and time tracking task wise