What do you like best?
Though its needless to say the wide usage of git today, still I would love to list down the positives of signing up on Github and availing the following advantages:
1) It is an open source collaborative service which allows multiple developers across the globe to collab for different tasks at the same time in a quite efficient manner. The way it is organized is too well.
2) We can do any task, starting from a college assignment to a large scale project on Github. It allows easy data flowing and extraction of important files quickly and cheaply by remote access.
3) A strong Github repository shows how strong developer are we. A straight dropdown link of github in a company's linkedin personal message can land you up in job worth millions of dollars straight without much efforts.
So, all in all, it's a boon to have such a collaborative platform
What do you dislike?
Considering the large scale development of this platform, some features can be really improved to give it a boost:
1) The README , though a easy md language to be written in text, is sort of a backward language that doesn't allow easy manipulation of formatting
2) A better python/html platform can be integrated with GitHub which will allow eye catching interface to new developers and generate interests in the minds of young people
3) Sometimes, its difficult locating a particular repository so some recommender system can be enabled.
Recommendations to others considering the product:
Do use it guys, its a great help for work
What problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?
I am daily user of this platform and all my work is based upon collaboration