WebEngage is a cloud-based marketing application that boasts enterprise-grade capabilities and improves user retention. The software has target messaging capability and data personalization, by which it delivers only relevant messages to customers. In addition to this, it has journey designer feature used to create a visualization of campaigns. It minimizes cart abandonment through targeted messaging. The software will improve the frequency of transactions through targeted offer highlights. In addition to this, it has segment marketing capability that will help to maintain high customer retention rate.
|Support||24/7 (Live rep) Business Hours Online||Customer Type||Large Enterprises Medium Business Small Business|
|API||Location / Phone Number||Mumbai, India / +91 (22) 6110 2400|
|Deployment||SaaS/Web/Cloud||Category||Marketing Automation Software Push Notification Software Email Marketing Software|
Disclaimer: The pricing details were last updated on 08/05/2018 from the vendor website and may be different from actual. Please confirm with the vendor website before purchasing.
Webengage does not have a steep learning curve at all and everyone in our marketing team has mastered the basics in little over a week. Though this might be have said multiple times by various marketers, the Journey Builder is an absolute delight to work with. It allows the marketing teams to work on big-picture tasks since the daily operational activities could be automated with ease. The new drag and drop editor for emails has been a value add.
Would be delighted if we could start having staggered communications in phases to customers.
A report builder if included would add a lot of value to marketers to analyze actions that are being performed. More flexibility in the email templates is required. Waiting for the time when we could view more than 10 campaigns in a single page without having to switch pages.
Using WebEngage our marketing team has been able to analyze and ensure that we get a better understanding of the cause and effect relationship between actions and corresponding results. The basic automation set up has relieved bandwidth for the entire team to think about next level actions rather than pull of daily tasks
The journey feature wins hands down. It makes it real easy to engage with users at different trigger points.. also with the channel flexibility! It actually opens up the landscape to think of more and more scenarios to engage with the user as the bandwidth constraint and tech dependency get reduced here.
Nothing as such. Support has always been great.
Two words, "Customer Journeys". Way too easy to understand and set-up. The best in industry. One platform for almost every engagement step.
Reporting platform can be improved a lot. Customized reports is something that's missing.
Marketing automation is what we wanted and we got. Everything at one place, WebEngage.
1. Journeys is a great tool and really easy to use and setup for the marketers. It can be really helpful when solving for important business flows.
2. Support team is always proactive and ready to help with new campaign ideas and improve the existing ones.
1. Reporting could be much better.
2. Introduction of actionable funnels would be great.
3. Every screen view should be downloadable.
1. User Retention Rates and Repeat Purchases
2. Targeting and engaging users at integral leakages and drop-off points.
The tool has helped a great deal in recovering the abandoned carts and add to the revenue while keeping the CAC under control.
1. Ease of segmenting the users basis different attributes
2. Low reliance on tech once the integration is done.
3. Webengage gives you a lot of flexibility to play with communication/engagement using their journey module & can help you in deriving key insights
1. The analytics & reporting engine of the webengage is atleast 2-3 years behind. Pulling data for the purpose of the analysis is not easy & you need to take help of the support team to get basic data.
2. Survey module is very basic. Doesn't work properly on the mobile site. Links that you add as part of message are not clickable & you can't create integrated journeys with them which is quite bad for a marketing automation tool!
3. Funnel module is poorly built. You can analyze only one funnel at a time
4. In-app notifications are very slow even with the latest sdk integration
1. We are trying to optimize our sales funnel using marketing automation engine of webengage. It has helped us a lot in creating interactive journeys & nudge users towards their milestones.
2. Targeting users basis their behaviour & interaction with the platform has become much easier
3. Near zero product maintenance
Webenage is a powerful tool providing host of features for marketing, analytics and product use-cases. Things that impresses are:
1. Webengage Journeys are definitely a delight! It empowers us to reach our users across their lifecycles and communicate with them in hyper personalised ways. The tool provides lots of flexibilities and covers most of the advances use cases.
2. User segmentation - Provides multiple ways to segment & target users across all channels.
3. Unmatched support - Webengage support team is always accessible and our customer success manager has been always there when needed.
- There is a lot of room for improvement in analytics. Many features in terms of analytics still lack.
- Speed of certain dashboards is also slow and can be improved.
- Segmentation with events based filtering take quite a time to brew.
- Does not allow sending emails to users who have not signed up on platform.
Webengage is really a powerful tool to address multiple business and product needs. I would recommend this tool to all companies who need an automation tool out of box.
We are using Webengage for multiple product & business use cases that have directly translated in growth in our KPIs. Few of them are:
1. Nurturing new users - Personalised communication strategies for newly signed up users to enable product discovery
2. Re-activating inactive users - Automated communications that helped us reduce churn rates
3. Improving conversion rates - Used journeys to send personalised communications in time via different channels
I like the automated journeys feature, easy stop and start tracking of the events and easy integration with the third party products.
Dashboard is too slow and we face a lot of technical setbacks at their end with affects our campaigns. Also the reporting and analysis aspect is lacking in the tool. Have to do a lot of manual calculations.
We are solving cross channel communication with webengage and able to reach out efficiently to our dropped out customers with better segmentation.
The best part of Webengage is the one-stop solution it provides to all your personalized marketing needs. You can check the user funnel, create journeys based on user behavior on your products and send the communication based on every behavior.
Moreover, the best part is the API support it has. You don't need to add fixed data, just call your API within the journey or any other communication medium to personalize the content in real time.
Sometimes it's a bit difficult to add customizations like page delay or scroll percentage which were not available till the last time I used webengage.
As a growing company looking to increase customer conversion, personalized communication was a big challenge as we as a product marketing team didn't want to spam the user. Webengage's user journey came in handy at this time. Through this solution, we were not just able to grow exponentially but with such volatile and price sensitive industry our retention and conversion percentage also increased in double digits.
1. Journeys have been the saviour when it comes to targeting all out users from different time zones and different locales.
2. Segmentation on the basis of Geo-location, behavioural and technology have helped us in finding the right-fit campaign for each type of users.
3. The support team is quick-to-respond and have solutions and services for every requirement. Over last one year, Pritesh has been persistently helping us in resolving all campaign related issues we face from technical point of view.
4. New templates for On-site and surveys are very helpful
WE has some room for improvement when it comes to reporting and email editor.
WebEngage allowed the team to not only improve engagement but also measure and correlate user behavior with campaign performance. Our team is constantly discovering better ways of engaging users. We have re-prioritized campaigns that were more effective in saving users time or fetching more conversions.
There are all kinds of automation tools out there - rule based, trigger based, segment based, journey based, AI-ML driven, customer preference driven, and the list goes on. Some are developer first, some boast of no-developer-required integrations.
There is no one solution that fits all.
We wanted a product that helped us create manageable journeys and gave us freedom for a lot of testing. WebEngage fits that bill perfectly. When it comes to automating customer journey's - I can't think of any other tool that does it better.
Their 'Survey' module is a bit dated and lacks ease of use, when compared to other tools like OptinMonster, SumoMe or GetSiteControl. But of all the features WebEngage offers, Survey is like a Bonus that they are giving out of good will.
If you are looking for a journey based orchestration then this is the right tool for you. It does what it says it does, and does it well. You'll be extremely satisfied if you use it to solve your communication hassles.
If you are looking for full-blown automation tool with analytics, attribution, on-site optimisation and everything that comes along, then you might be a little disappointed.
Being in insurance industry, we send a lot of emails and messages. Previous products we used had a flow-chart based journey builder that used to take up lots of nodes when the journey became complex. It was unmanageable after a certain point. On WebEngage we were able to implement the same thing with 1/4th the number of nodes, owing to their UX.
Better management of states and clear reporting helped us improve upon our efficiency.