What do you like best?
1. Paylocity is much more user-friendly and mobile-friendly that our prior systems. Security features within the time and labor module allow employees to clock using very specific geofences or from any location as their manager deems necessary.
2. Performance management function is robust.
3. LMS has some pre-populated content available on compliance and management topics.
4. Recruiting is much more streamlined than prior systems. You can track both active applicants and passive candidate leads without being overcomplicated.
5. The data insights dashboard is customizable for each user.
What do you dislike?
There are a few very tiny things that were lost in the move from our prior system.
1. Employees cannot submit their own missed punches for approval.
2. Employees with direct deposit cannot elect to receive paper paystubs individually (all or nothing).
3. Employees who used our prior Paychex timekeeping system and were frequent break takers really miss the "shift duration" functionality for tracking time to get to an 8-hour day.
Recommendations to others considering the product:
Your goals are of course important in choosing the system - we specifically wanted a tool that would be interactive and mobile-friendly so our staff could self-serve. Open ability for API integrations with HR vendors was also a top priority and we have found this process to be smooth.
What problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?
Paylocity has helped us to automate several functions that were previously being processed on paper, compiled data more effective and eased communication channels/transparency through HR and Accounting surrounding payroll.