What do you like best?
- Visual topology information
- Network communications reports (allowing to identify dependencies between servers)
- Last login users, Host information, HW information
- Application dependency
What do you dislike?
- Maybe the first scan should be guided by a support session, there are many configurations that can contaminate the inventories (adding duplicates, offline machines, VMs that were decommissioned…)
- I would like a report to be Added where machines are linked to their sites based on the subnet, its very useful when in comes to global consolidation projects
Recommendations to others considering the product:
Its a product I recommend for:
Regular Inventory of Datacenters
What problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?
- Discovering site to site dependencies in different active directories (using netstat, excel of dependencies that we have customized to obtain the site to site communications)
- Planning Active directory consolidation and application migration
- Complete Hardware inventory (good for capacity planning)
- File sharing reporting - for migration planning (improvement opportunity:obtain share folder permissions)
- Software inventory - for migration
- Visual for dependencies between services (netstat) allowing