What do you like best?
The simplicity of learning and using ERPNext. For an enterprise application as big as ERPNext, our team was able to master and use it functionally within 70 days.
What do you dislike?
For us, it is not a 'dislike' per se. Upgrading the software when self-hosted can be challenging, but for us, we accept it as part of learning and becoming better.
Recommendations to others considering the product:
PLEASE, just try ERPNext. You are far more likely to be giving the same glowing reviews like I am doing right now.
What problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?
- Accounting: A/R, A/P, Multi-Currency, Multi-Company, Group Accounts Consolidation.
- Analytical Accounting: Ability to analyze transactions by projects/contracts, departments, locations, regions, etc.
- Human Resources: Simplified but robust employee database, Employee Loans, Employee Advances, Leave Management, Expense Claims, Performance Appraisals, Payroll Processing.
- Inventory/Warehousing: Multi-warehouses, inter-warehouse stock transfers, Multiple UoMs, UoM conversions, Inventory Minimum/Re-order Levels with automatic email notifications.
- Fixed Assets: Unlimited asset categories linked with GL accounts, automatic monthly depreciations.
- Manufacturing: Bill of Materials for static/fixed assembly build, Stock Repackaging for fluid/hybrid assembly build.
- Approval Workflows with email notifications for leave applications, advance requests, loan requests, expense claim requests, purchasing process workflow from material requisition through actual delivery by a supplier.
- Document Designs: You cannot beat this. We are able to design documents to customer specs (sales invoices, purchase orders, waybills, etc).