Fastly is Content Delivery Network (CDN) Software. Fastly offers the following functionalities:
- Cache Purging
- Custom SSL
- Shared SSL
Learn more about Fastly features.
Fastly’s highly programmable CDN gives you the freedom to customize delivery right at the edge. Real-time logs give you granular visibility into your apps and services and allow you to make faster, data-driven business decisions. Fastly’s dynamic site acceleration comes standard for speedy content delivery that makes a positive impact on conversion and retention rates, SEO, and ad revenue.
|Support||Online||Customer Type||Large Enterprises Medium Business Small Business|
|API||Location / Phone Number||San Francisco, California|
|Deployment||SaaS/Web/Cloud||Category||Content Delivery Network (CDN) Software|
Minimum of $50 per month based
First 10 TB: $0.12 Bandwidth (per GB per region)
Next 10 TB: $0.08 Bandwidth (per GB per region)
Pricing varies based on the number of bandwidth and requests
Fastly TLS: $0 for first 5 domains and $20 per additional domain per month
Shared certificate service: $100 per month
Shared wildcard certificate service: $275 per month
High-volume or custom requirements: Custom
Disclaimer: The pricing details were last updated on 22/07/2020 from the vendor website and may be different from actual. Please confirm with the vendor website before purchasing.
The pricing for Fastly starts at $20.00 per month. Fastly has 2 different plans:
Learn more about Fastly pricing.
Yes, Fastly provides API.
Support, ease of service creation, and most importantly data visibility.
Having to re-encode a lot of video content because of incompatibility with previous cloud provider.
Goals: 1. Clear, detailed global metrics on CDN caching, 2. More granular control of CDN services, both for VoD and live streaming, and 3. Expert support.
Benefits: So far, the move to Fastly has ticked all these boxes.
I like very much that it is a good caching service for my websites, the idea of hosting these pages to save the right information prevails. It has been completely possible to shake the same possibility of configuration for any type of platform you want to host in Fastly.
The interface is not the most convincing part of the software, it has a huge problem in terms of speed and quality.
I recommend Fastly because it covers us in terms of cached information, its interface is elegant and has great potential for developers and important users. It is extremely effective.
We make our clients websites have a formidable cache integration site. We can show great performance in the final development of any platform. It really does integrate with a lot of software and we are very confident in that.
- Excellent performance
- Ability to manipulate the varnish config to customize behaviors to your needs
- Proactive support model
They're definitely not the cheapest product on the market and CDNs are becoming slightly commoditized. You get what you pay for, though!
High-performance content delivery, at scale.
Varnish power (vcl)
It should be great to have an mobile app
Fault tolérance with a dynamic website
Handle multiple origins really simply
Send logs anywhere with two clics
Onboard new devops faster than before
Robust technical solution. Working smoothly. Excellent customer support.
Nothing specific to report. The service fully meets our requirements and those of our customers.
Ability to control your content delivery in real time.
We were originally drawn to Fastly because of how developer-friendly their service was. We had access to pretty much the entire range of custom VCL, and, as rapidly as Fastly added new features to the UI, we could always count on those features being available via their REST API at the same time. If there's anything we can't figure out on our own, the Fastly knowledge base and Support team are always there for us to consult. The extremely high ease-of-use and quality of support would be less valuable if Fastly weren't the highest performing CDN we've ever worked with. We've done a handful of performance comparisons with other CDNs, and Fastly has always come out ahead.
Until the recent acquisition of Signal Sciences, Fastly has had to point us to their partners for complementary WAF and API security services. We're excited to see what the acquisition has in store for us in terms of new, combined offerings.
Fastly provides a highly performance, reliable, global CDN for our content. The volume of that content and the community users who rely on it as a critical resource grow daily, and Fastly has had no problems scaling with that growth. Fastly APIs make it painless to integrate their caching services with our content publishing processes. The real-time log streaming functionality allows us to mine the traffic data effectively and understand our end users' usage patterns.
Fastly's services are incredibly powerful and have allowed us to take our ecommerce platform to the next level. We control all our configuration with infrastructure as code (Terraform) with no clickops allowing us to make rapid controlled changes with simple pipelines. We have never second guessed our decision to use Fastly as our CDN and are ready to embrace their new products such as Compute@Edge as they become available. Support as also been out of this world when compared to other vendors we use, we have a shared Slack channel and there is always someone available to help us debug issues.
I cant recommend Fastly enough to anybody.
There is very little I dislike about Fastly, we have been using it for a year now (in production for 10 months) and have been through server outages and malicious attacks, all without once going offline.
The only initial problem we had was with Alerting, we were able to get logs going into our logging manager (Datadog) pretty simply, but since there is so much data it was difficult to create good alerting rules to monitor traffic.
Our previous CDN was more of a black box solution and didnt allow us much control of (or insights into) traffic, with Fastly we now have fine grained control which allows us to have our CDN as part of our application rather than just a front door. We use Fastly as our WAF, Firewall, Load Balancer and more when before we had individual services for each.
We have had no problems adapting and working with Fastly, the integration was really fast and their sales and support team was attentive at all times, we have been able to manage the distribution of our content, track our performance and facilitate the work of our developers through the use of this tool. Fastly has a stable platform and is a fairly fast content distribution network, it lives up to its name.
I haven't had any displeasure with Fastly, but nevertheless I consider that the interface is not so intuitive and to make customizations you would have to go into the source code of the program.
Totally recommended to any company to improve performance and customer web experience through content management and web resource optimization.
Fastly has been the ideal CDN (Content Distribution Network) to solve and optimize the management of our content in our applications and portals, we have integrated easily to its use and has meant an increase in performance, a time saving in terms of management and a saving of resources that we can have to make further improvements to improve the web experience of our customers.
- Fastly's rich feature set that expand the traditional CDN profile. Its practically an edge compute platform enabling its users to do more `compute` on the edge which results in huge gains on resource allocation and consumption of the downstream platform .
-It has a Developer first approach on its tools, techniques and documentation. Practically is meant to be used by developers directly.
- Great support (I was lucky enough to experience, the paid support models) and I have to admit it was one of the best support experiences ever. The engineers behind it not only made sure to answer all you questions but throught time were educating you about the capabilities of their platform. It was more like an internal training rather than a regular Q&A session.
- Stable platform, I dont remember a single day where I experienced an outage that would affect our platform (as users)
- Fastly delivers on its promise and specifically its performance and availability SLOs.
- Some years ago, it seemed that there was a gap on very specific features, like WAFs or edge firewalls. I think they have improved in that area and now the integration and solutions provided are more robust!
- Scalability of web platforms (especially if your platform can not easily scale horizontally and immediately )
- Availability - having a stable and `beefy` edge layer where you could deal with a % of your business logic without spending a $ on resources on your actual platform - means a lot.
* Fastest CDN out there, built for the people who care about performance
* Highly configurable which lets us do some really exceptional heavy lifting at the edge
* Amazing bunch to work with as they support us through our usage of Fastly
* Really great tech behind them and always trying to push the boundaries of what can be done at the edge
* It can be complicated if you aren't an engineer - so ensure you know what you are doing
* The UI can be un-intuitive at times but we recommend using Config as Code for any changes. Fastly is actively working on making this better which is great
* Highly performance pages for all our users
* Dealing with huge load of traffic
* Experimentation at the edge with no performance degradation
* Serving edge content across the world
The research is compiled using multiple sources, let us know of any feedback on firstname.lastname@example.org