What do you like best?
1. The design is really nice and minimalistic. It basically looks just like the status page by Atlassian.
2. It's really easy to create new components, incidents and maintenance events.
3. You can customize the whole site with built-in tools.
4. The API metrics are cool!
5. Google 2FA is integration is a plus.
6. You can choose what webserver you want.
7. Well, it's free!
What do you dislike?
1. The installation. I'm not a Linux admin and don't have a lot of experience with Linux. It took me a week to install Cachet and get it up and running properly.
2. The install / management documentation is bad. It's not really in depth at all.
3. Email integration doesn't always work / is not that easy to configure.
4. You can't edit email templates and the translation to other languages (German in our case) is just alright.
Recommendations to others considering the product:
I've used the following guide to install it after a few failed attempts and it worked pretty well:
I've used both Apache and NGINX but installed it on NGINX in the end.
What problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?
Every user would call us in case of an outage, we're able to communicate outages, incidents and planned maintenance with Cachet and minimze our calls that way.