Okay, so let me tell you why Oberlo is hands-down THE BEST application to integrate with your Shopify store in my opinion. If you're new to the world of E-Commerce world with ambitious ideas and a shoe-string budget, Shopify can be a little overwhelming and intimidating with thousands of apps that you later discover are necessary but cost a lot of money. I've listed a few points that came to mind - straight of the bat:
1) The Stimulus Package - If you're a newbie like I once was, Oberlo grants you a "Starter" Membership that's TOTALLY FREE! Well, of course, you still have some limitations like adding only 500 products to your store and being allowed only 50 orders per month. But I just love how Oberlo gives you a chance to grow before it hands you a premium or a more professional option. It let's you test your ideas before investing in something that actually works for you.
2) Price Automation - There are pricing rules that you can craft and these rules will automatically govern the price of your products without you having to individually change them all the time. I found that suppliers frequently change their product's sourcing price. So I assigned pricing rules to all my products so that even when the price fluctuates, I still get to maintain my profit margin and the price of that particular product will automatically change in my store.
3) E-Packet Filters - If you're new, don't panic after hearing the word "E-packet". Well, since you're dealing with Ali-Express, a lot of products take upwards of 45 days to reach your customer. However, Oberlo gives you an E-packet filter which helps you zero in on those products which have the fastest shipping times.
4) Oberlo Certified Suppliers - It's safe to say that finding the right supplier for a product is downright dangerous and risky. You have to go through various metrics like their ratings, their order history, etc. And even then, you can't be so sure you can trust them. Here's where Oberlo saves the day! Oberlo gives you a list of trusted and verified suppliers so that you can import their products to your store without even thinking twice! You can rest assured that your customer will not only receive his/her product, but will also get it on time.
5) Integrated Order Tracking - Okay, so a customer sends you an enquiry mail about his/her order and you don't know what to tell them. Just use Oberlo's integrated order tracker to get all the details about a particular order at any time.
6) Supplier Switcheroo - Let's say you were relying on a supplier for some time now, but you've discovered that another supplier is selling the exact same product at a lesser price. You don't have to create a whole new listing and add in all the product details again. That's going to take you ages! You can simply just switch your supplier while using the same product listing.
7) Bang For You Buck - When you've gained momentum and you're ready to become a pro hustler, Oberlo's pricing modules are not only affordable, but are definitely worth the price. At just under $30, you can upgrade your Oberlo Membership which gives you many more benefits - like more product imports and a greater order bandwidth.
8) Instant Imports - You can add products from AliExpress to your Shopify store with just a click. As soon as you integrate Oberlo into your store, just hover your mouse pointer on the product that you like on the Ali Express Website and click on the "Oberlo" icon that props up and you're done. It's that simple! You're going to need an Oberlo Extension on your browser for this, by the way. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.
There's nothing that I "Dislike" about Oberlo, per say. There's just one thing that I wish they take into consideration for the best interest of all the Shopify Store owners who use Oberlo.
Right now, you can only import products from Ali-Express. No doubt, there are like a billion products to choose from over there, but a true hustler would want a variety. I wish Oberlo integrates with more websites and platforms that are similar to Ali Express. Preferably in the United States where we don't have those awkward shipping times to deal with. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.