Marketing is an integral vertical of every business, and with digitization taking over the traditional forms of marketing, it is vital for businesses to ensure that their email marketing is effective and successful. One of the most crucial aspects of email marketing is valid emails. Sending emails to invalid email addresses is not only a waste of time but can also incur unnecessary losses. It also reduces the deliverability score of your email campaigns. To ensure that you receive fewer bouncebacks, you need to invest in a good email verification tool.
Before we give you a detailed description of the six top email verification tools to use in 2021, let us understand what is email verification tool, what are the different types, and key factors that should be considered while choosing an email verification tool.
Table of Contents
What is an email verification tool?
In simple words, an email verification tool can be described as a tool that is used to verify whether an email address is valid or not. There are several scenarios resulting in invalid email addresses, such as mistakes in typing the email address, people filling in fake email addresses, email lists becoming old, poor quality of the email addresses depending on its source, etc. An email verification tool helps in cleansing out your email list and getting rid of all the invalid and questionable email addresses.
Using an email verification tool will help businesses to reduce bounce rates, maintain healthy deliverability, and focus only on sending emails to engaging email addresses.
Types of email verification tools
There are three different types of email verification tools:
- Bulk Verification Tools – A bulk verification tool works by scanning the uploaded email list and checking for emails that are valid, risky, and those that are invalid.
- Real-time Verification Tools – A real-time verification tool will help you to check and reject invalid email addresses right at the email address collection source. It is also capable of catching typos in email addresses.
- Automated Verification Tools – An automated verification tool is beneficial, especially while working with B2B email lists. Depending upon the settings you choose, the automated tool will scan your email database, create alerts when an email list needs to be cleaned, and in some cases automatically removes the invalid email addresses as well.
Factors to consider while choosing email verification tools
Some of the key factors that you need to consider while choosing email verification tools include:
- Accuracy of the tool
- Features/level of control offered by the tool
- Integrations offered
- Robust customer support
Top 6 email verification tools
Now that you have a fair knowledge about what an email verification tool is, its primary functionalities, different types of email verification tools, etc., let’s take a look at the six top email verification tools of 2021.
ZeroBounce is one of the best email verification tools, especially for businesses that send out a large number of newsletters and marketing emails. This tool helps in ensuring a higher deliverability rate, detecting bounces, identifying fake and abuse emails, detecting spam traps, etc. Businesses can use this tool to keep their email list up-to-date. ZeroBounce also features ZeroBounce.AI, an email scoring system that provides detailed feedback about your overall email activities. To use the tool, you can upload either .csv or .txt files and the output is also in either of these formats. ZeroBounce can be used to verify various email domains, such as Outlook, Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail, etc.
- ZeroBounce can be used for bulk email verification.
- It can detect spam traps, catch-all servers, temporary emails, etc.
- You can remove duplicate email addresses free of cost.
- ZeroBounce also offers a real-time email verification API.
- You can use this email verification tool for mail server validation and domain check.
- Compared to some of the other email verification tools, ZeroBounce provides more accurate results.
- The customer support of ZeroBounce is not very robust.
- Pay As You Go – Starts from $16
- Subscriptions – Starts from $15
DeBounce is an effective email verification tool that enables businesses to perform bulk verification as well as real-time verification using API. This easy-to-use tool is also one of the most popular email verification tools, offering several features and functionalities. Apart from using the tool to verify invalid email addresses, you can also use it to clean your emailing list, thus ensuring that your email marketing campaign enjoys higher deliverability. You can use the Intelligent Spam-Trap Indicator feature to identify and remove all the spam trap email addresses. The tool also offers 100+ integrations. In short, DeBounce offers all the features that you would expect in an email verification tool.
- DeBounce offers anti-greylisting technology.
- You can use the tool to automatically remove duplicate email addresses.
- It offers free pre-start list analysis.
- You can perform bulk email verification as well as single email verification.
- With DeBounce you can perform syntax check and email deliverability check.
- The validation rules and the speed of validation offered by DeBounce is top-notch.
- The download format of the email list is available only in .csv.
- DeBounce Email Verification – Starts from $10
If you are looking for one of the top real-time email verification and email cleaning tools, then you can try NeverBounce. This email verification tool is ideal for businesses of all sizes – from small to medium to large enterprises. From removing invalid email addresses to removing those which have been marked as spam or blocked by the company, NeverBounce offers a wide range of email verification features. You can also take advantage of their automated cleaning feature to ensure that you always have the most up-to-date email list. This email verification tool also can be integrated with other apps, such as Java, .NET, NodesJS, Ruby, PHP, etc. With NeverBounce, you are assured of a 99.9% deliverability rate.
- NeverBounce provides instant bounce analysis.
- You can use the tool for high-risk detection and removal of potentially harmful emails.
- NeverBounce offers automatic removal of duplicate emails.
- The tool provides key features, such as spam trap detection, catch-all server detection, syntax check, email deliverability check, etc.
- NeverBounce is an easy-to-use tool which is quick and affordable compared to some of the other top email verification tools.
- Sometimes the tool is unable to verify the email addresses.
- Pay As You Go – Starts from $0.003
- Enterprise – Custom pricing
BriteVerify is a great tool for verifying invalid email addresses through features like domain check, mail server validation, syntax check, etc. You can use this tool to greatly reduce your bounce rate percentage by verifying your email list in real-time. You can access BriteVerify from anywhere and at any time which allows businesses to improve their email marketing ROI. With this email verification tool at your service, you can rest assured of greater email deliverability.
- With BriteVerify you can perform bulk email verification and single email verification.
- You can use the drag-and-drop user interface to easily place your email list.
- You can use BriteVerify to perform key checks, such as domain check, syntax check, and email deliverability check.
- You can upload and download the email lists in .csv format.
- BriteView also offers the option to perform real-time email verification.
- One of the major advantages of BriteVerify is the amount of details it provides in the email verification list analysis.
- BriteVerify does not have reliable and robust customer support.
- BriteVerify – Starts from $0.01 per verification
The next tool in our list of top six email verifications tools is Bouncer. This powerful yet easy-to-use tool offers all the required features and functionalities for email verification and validation. You can use the tool to identify and eliminate invalid email addresses, thereby, reducing your bounce rates and increasing the credibility of your email marketing campaigns. Similar to most of the email verification tools in this list, Bouncer also offers bulk verification and single email verification options. This tool ranks high with regards to the accuracy and security of data as it is GDPR compliant. You also have the option to permanently delete the verification results. This tool is widely popular among marketing teams!
- Bouncer allows you to test the quality of your email list free of cost!
- Reduce your bounce rate by using Bouncer to remove all invalid, fake, and obsolete email addresses.
- Bouncer offers top-notch data security by being GDPR-compliant.
- This email verification tool has a robust and interactive customer support team at your disposal.
- Bouncer offers bulk email as well as single email verification.
- It is quite easy to set up, configure, and use Bouncer as compared to some of the other email verification tools.
- The user interface of Bouncer could be enhanced more.
- Pay As You Go – Starts from $0.0015
- Apprentice – $20/month
- Adept – $100-$300/month
- Master – $500/month
- Enterprise – Custom pricing
QuickEmailVerification is another great email verification tool for businesses of all sizes to protect their reputation as well as achieve better email marketing ROI. The tool is effective in identifying and removing invalid and risky emails. You can either opt for bulk email verification or use the REST API for real-time email verification. You can integrate QuickEmailVerification with various marketing tools and email service providers which makes it really easy for businesses to import and export their email lists. It is also an ideal choice for those who are looking for email verification with quick speed.
- You can upload email lists in different formats, such as xls, xlsx, ods, .cvs, and .txt.
- You will have access to all the required verification statistics.
- QuickEmailVerification offers the option to import email lists from your email service provider.
- The tool offers features like domain check, syntax check, email deliverability check, etc.
- You can use the tool to perform spam trap detection, catch-all server detection, and DEA-Detection.
- QuickEmailVerification is a scalable email verification tool which is quite robust and reliable.
- Compared to some of the other top email verification tools, the features offered by this tool are limited.
- One Time – $4
- Daily – $25/month
With email marketing taking over traditional marketing mediums, it is vital that businesses ensure that they are reaching the right audience. This is possible by using email verification tools that will identify and remove all the invalid email addresses, reduce bounce rates, improve the sender’s reputation, and boost email deliverability rates. We hope our list of six top email verification tools helps you in choosing the best one for your business needs.
You can also check out SaaSworthy for more useful software which will help you improve the growth and success of your business.